For basically the first time since we’ve moved in together, A actually has weekends off from work. After our trip to Hawaii, we talked about how we need to get out more and do things on the weekends; to be transparent, I’m definitely the homebody who would love to just veg and go on a Netflix binge all weekend. However, we chatted about trying to get out to do something at least once a weekend: out to dinner, go to the beach, go geocaching, or try new Miami tourist spots we’ve not been to yet.
Last weekend A’s grandparents were in town, so we were able to explore the new science museum (not as great as it was hyped up to be), saw Wonder Woman (amazing!), and toured Biscayne National Park (national park geek and proud). This weekend, A and I did one of the local escape rooms; it was Sherlock Homes-themed and we escape with thirteen minutes to spare.
So, here’s to the summer bucket list–okay, maybe it’s a little ambitious, so we’ll call it the “Things I Need to Do Before I Leave Miami” Bucket List.
- Visit the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables
- Visit Everglades National Park and Robert is Here for a smoothie
- Visit Jungle Island and become BFFs with a sloth
- Visit the Perez Art Museum Miami
- Visit Lauderdale-By-The-Sea (again!)
- Visit the Hollywood Boardwalk
- Visit Bayside Market
- Visit Fruit & Spice Park
- Take a walking food tour of South Beach or Little Havana
And, some larger, more lofty, goals:
- Visit Key West and Dry Tortugas National Park
- Visit St. Augustine