For basically the first time since we’ve moved in together, A actually has weekends off from work. After our trip to Hawaii, we talked about how we need to get out more and do things on the weekends; to be transparent, I’m definitely the homebody who would love to just veg and go on a Netflix binge all weekend. However, we chatted about trying to get out to do something at least once a weekend: out to dinner, go to the beach, go geocaching, or try new Miami tourist spots we’ve not been to yet.
Last weekend A’s grandparents were in town, so we were able to explore the new science museum (not as great as it was hyped up to be), saw Wonder Woman (amazing!), and toured Biscayne National Park (national park geek and proud). This weekend, A and I did one of the local escape rooms; it was Sherlock Homes-themed and we escape with thirteen minutes to spare.
So, here’s to the summer bucket list–okay, maybe it’s a little ambitious, so we’ll call it the “Things I Need to Do Before I Leave Miami” Bucket List.
- Visit the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables
- Visit Everglades National Park and Robert is Here for a smoothie
- Visit Jungle Island and become BFFs with a sloth
- Visit the Perez Art Museum Miami
- Visit Lauderdale-By-The-Sea (again!)
- Visit the Hollywood Boardwalk
- Visit Bayside Market
- Visit Fruit & Spice Park
- Take a walking food tour of South Beach or Little Havana
And, some larger, more lofty, goals:
- Visit Key West and Dry Tortugas National Park
- Visit St. Augustine
Happy June! On one of my old blogs, I would frequently post monthly goals and recaps; it frequently helped me reach for and complete small, attainable goals…and that ultimately led to accomplishing larger goals. So, here goes…
- Continue running towards the goal. Once I would have described myself as a passionate runner; I loved throwing on my shoes and heading out the door. I like to blame a torn meniscus for losing my dedication, but I truthfully lost my passion long before crutching around campus. While it kills my pride to say this, I recently started a running program for beginners–and my goal is to simply keep up with it. I’m hoping I can get into a routine before starting school in the fall and actually reclaim one of my favorite hobbies.
- Read fervently. I’ve read more in the last few months than I have in years…and I love it. I started a Reading Challenge on Goodreads, but, while the year is almost halfway over, I’m not halfway to my goal. Let’s get to 25, shall we?
- Pack lunches. Such a small and silly goal, but I’d like to pack lunches at least 4/5 days a week. Our office is surrounded by fast food restaurants like Panera and Chipotle, and it’s so easy to walk over for some pre-made goodness. I’ve been cooking more lately and intentionally making extra for the next day’s lunch, so I’m hoping I can keep this up (and save money at the same time)!
- Pare down. Everything I own in this world fits into my car. While I’ve pared down quite a bit, I still fill like I have too much. I’m hoping to continue going through my clothes, my books and the other nonsense that fills my car; even though it’s small, I’d like to get rid of, at least, one trash bag worth of stuff. Clear out the clutter and live a smaller life.